Complete newbie Project

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enigma_2k4

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hi here all,

OK, this is just for my information purposes because I already have so many dam projects lined up. It's going to take me a while to get to something like this.

Anyway, for building my own speakers:

1. Seas seem like a safe bet, without any doubt. Hoever, do they have any good competitors that it would be worth checking out in a comparitive (or cheaper) price range?
2. The seas range, from some interwebs surfing it seems that their entry level stuff is the Presitge range, then to Excel and then Exotic is the grand daddy of them all. Is that correct?
3. What are the indicative price's for each range (just as a guideline) for the cheapest level co-ax and tweet in each range? (Note, no acurate numbers needed, just for my own ideas)
4. If I built my own little speaker setup using a woofer, mid range and tweet for the highs, are there any standard boxed passive crossovers around that would do a good enough job or should I also look at constructing my own here too?
5. Does anyone have any guides or tutorials I could read just for interest sake?
6. Is this cost effective or is it better to buy a decent named brand speaker for the same application?

Thanks.

Latest posts