Center channel choice

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerhard

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
Hi All,

I want to get drivers for my center channel. I already have the main front's - sort of - (http://www.avforums.co.za/index.php/topic,2060.0.html) I still need to build the bass units... So the mains are 3-way with a 4,5" mid + 19mm tweeter.

Now for the center I am thinking MTM with the CA15RLY and either the 19TFF1 or 27TDFC. I am leaning towards the 19TFF1 purely because I think/hope I could cross at 3,5k like I did with the mains. The CA15RLY's should happily go up to 3,5k. BTW the main speakers' crossovers are not final yet so I can cross them as well as the center a bit lower to improve on the off-axis response of the center especially - say 3k.

Purely i.t.o box size when doubling up on the woofers is the box volume double that of a single driver configuration (roughly speaking, I will model properly once I get started). I just need to get a feeling of the box size I'm dealing with for 2 CA15s.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome.

Latest posts