Replica Face Plate

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mafioso

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hi

Ummm, I'm writing from a rehab centre for battered providers and husbands somewhere in the Western Cape :-[ It goes like this. On Saturday last, I sneaked away from home like a skelm in the night and after 2 hours in bumper to bumper on the M5, I found myself at Milnerton's flea market.

There, I met an old Portuguese friend who shook me down for a Micro (Micro Seiki) MR-711 direct drive (I hear you sniggering, Shonver ;D) turntable.

Anyway, a long story short, I brought it home on Sunday, even though it needs a lot of work. Tittivating and repairs of cretinous butchery to various parts has begun and among things a replica faceplate will be needed as the old one looks rather battered.

It is a long, thin affair with die-cut/punched holes and some control legend screened thereon.

Does anyone know of a firm here in Cape Town preferably - who can punch/lasercut such a plate for me on 0,5mm aluminium plate? I know it's not original but I'm leaving the replacement 'natural', unpainted to contrast the rather uninteresting chassis colour.

mafioso

Attachments

• IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0015.JPG
    IMG_0015.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 23

Latest posts