Cabling- where to go from here?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel Weston

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
Hi guys
I have not really spent much time looking at my speaker cabling and wanted some real world advice on my next step.
Most of you know my system by now but I have never discussed my cabling. I have Jamo cabling with the words 2x 2.25mm printed on it. I purchased this from Sounds Great when I purchased my Polk and Onkyo equipment. The outer plastic has been removed at each ends and the bare wires screwed into place at both the speaker and the receiver ends.

So whats my next step? With all honesty, is this cabling sufficient or will I start to pick up noticeable audible differences if I start to look at other options?

Is there a best method way of wiring up your speakers and receivers or is the bare wire screwed into place largely accepted as a good way to connect up?

I naturally dont want to spend money for no gain and I am sure that cabling threads have and will continue to spark much debate but I would love to see what the experienced chaps have to say about MY cabling and MY choice of connecting.

Thanks
Daniel

Latest posts